[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: Momentum Is Building

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 2 02:53:09 UTC 2010

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=xDbO64Rk%2BzzkIsWLfB2
78XLjppTjrVQV> Streets for All Seattle

Dear Jacob ,

Streets For All Seattle is picking up steam! Our City Council is considering
how we can raise revenue to help fill the gap in our city budget and work to
make walking, biking and transit the easiest ways to get around.

Let's sieze this moment and build on our momentum!
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DOqjYVjJoM1MY%2BFlMpH
Vh3LjppTjrVQV> Click here to send an email to the Council explaining why you
support Streets For All Seattle.

Over the past six weeks,

- Our coalition has grown to over 60 member organizations;
- Our volunteers have signed up hundreds of new supporters  at dozens of
events;
- The City Council announced a joint working group with our campaign;
- We threw a rocking kickoff party that over 300 of you attended;
- The Seattle Times ranted against us (meaning that we must be doing
something right!).

But none of this means anything if we don't all step up and tell the Council
what we want. We know from inside sources that if the City Council receives
4,000 emails in support of our goals, then we can win this campaign.

So what are you waiting for? Now is the time to
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zXgDYlInMDhWkrNbBjSYh
XLjppTjrVQV>  tell the City Council your story!  Every email counts, so
please take one minute and help shape the future of our City.

Also, save the date for the evening of Friday, September 17th. We're cooking
up a fun after party for PARK(ing)
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=KzhYiLLNptZIRLtnxT1sK
3LjppTjrVQV> Day at the People's
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DUp%2FJq4cC7z8%2FlXG7
er835zbW5PLHMI9> Parking Lot on Capitol Hill with music, food, awards for
the best PARK(ing) spots and other shenanigans.

Finally, save the dates and stay tuned for more details on three crucial
budget hearings, where you can make your voice heard in support of Streets
For All Seattle. Every voice needs to be heard on the evenings of September
29, October 13, and October 29.

Thank you for your support. Together, we can change transportation in
Seattle and create the city we want for our future.

Sincerely,

David Hiller
Craig Benjamin
Streets For All Seattle Co-Chairs

  _____

You're getting this email because you signed up for updates or to volunteer
on our website, or because of our relationship. We do not sell or otherwise
share any email addresses in our database. Click
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=NsIL9RQuFBYt5g8OscWGC
3LjppTjrVQV> here if you wish to to unsubscribe to all email.

  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=240638662>