[Nfbnet-members-list] Blind and low-vision adults needed for survey of user experiences with food delivery apps

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Mon Jun 28 18:47:29 UTC 2021

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.

Calling all blind and low-vision volunteers age 18 and older!

Do you often encounter difficulties when ordering takeout food through food delivery apps and having the food delivered? Would you like to describe your challenges with these apps and food delivery and provide suggestions to improve your experience?

Come to tell us about your experience!

We are researchers from the Rochester Institute of Technology and currently we are conducting a survey to investigate the user experience, challenges, and workarounds of food delivery apps, like UberEats, DoorDash, and GrubHub by people with low-vision or blindness.

In the survey, you will be asked your user experience with food delivery apps, and some questions about your background. The survey will take about 5-10 minutes. The surveys will need to be completed by July 15, 2021.

This is the survey link:
https://rit.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8ArN1YFP1HAvMeW

And if you are interested in a follow-up online interview, you may leave your email at the end of the survey.

During the interview, we will ask some more in-depth questions about your experience with food delivery apps. The interview will take about 45-60 minutes. And You will be presented with a $20 gift card for your participation in the online interview. The interviews will need to be completed by August 10 and will be over Zoom or a similar platform.

The survey is totally anonymous and all information you provided will be kept confidential.

The information you provide may help future implementations of food delivery apps provide a more accessible and improved user experience to people who are blind or visually impaired.

If you have any questions, you can reach me at zm9850 at rit.edu<mailto:zm9850 at rit.edu>. My name is Zihao。

Thank you for your time and participation.
Zihao

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Director of Research Programs, Blindness Initiatives
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2221 | lblake at nfb.org<mailto:lblake at nfb.org>

[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>

                         [Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>     [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

Disclaimer