[Nfbnet-members-list] Application for Co-Leads of Survivor-Led Group Extended until Monday, July 12

Kathryn C. Webster kcwebster43 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 09:10:12 UTC 2021

NFB Family,

The application
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd6etc4kQZ7JDs5uD5KSAqF6kf0JMA853T
MqEa3tqCR6soS5Q/viewform>  for the Survivor-Led Group is live and has been
extended to Monday, July 12! This is a hard working role requiring an
empathetic and inclusive leader. There are two co-leads to drive this open
group forward and we'd appreciate if you could share the below information,
as well as the application link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd6etc4kQZ7JDs5uD5KSAqF6kf0JMA853TM
qEa3tqCR6soS5Q/viewform

The NFB's Survivor-Led Task Force, through significant consideration of
feedback and consultation with survivors and allies committed to fostering a
safe, supportive, and inclusive environment within our organization, invites
you to consider applying for the position of Co-Lead for a new group: the
NFB Survivors Group. The current iteration of the Survivor-Led Task Force
will be coming to a close soon, and we have been asking each other and other
survivors and allies since January about what comes next in our Safety and
Support initiatives to bring meaningful, sustainable, and intentional
support for survivors and to promote the ongoing initiatives for the culture
shift that will help our organization to be the healthiest, safest, most
inclusive space where the dignity and safety of every blind person are
intentionally valued and promoted.

President Riccobono and our broader organization will establish the NFB's
Survivor-Led Group during the 2021 NFB National Convention. It is meant to
provide ongoing and consistent support to survivors and victims within the
NFB community. The group will organize programming, provide advice,
representation, and recommendations to leadership and membership, and serve
survivors, victims, and allies. To learn more about the proposed purpose,
priorities, and intentions for this group and to learn more about the
expectations of the co-lead positions, please visit the application Here.

We invite you to review the application, and if you are interested and
believe you could fulfill this role, please complete the application. Please
email survivors at nfb.org <mailto:survivors at nfb.org>  with any questions or
concerns!

With love,

Kathryn