[Nfbnet-members-list] Blind and low-vision adults needed for research study on the accessibility of health care information

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Fri Aug 27 18:36:39 UTC 2021

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.

Dear Federationists, many thanks for completing our healthcare information accessibility survey thus far.

*        We still need 300 additional participants to complete this study; so, please spread the word about the survey to as many blind and low vision people as you can.
We would like to close this survey on September 30, 2021; so, we have a narrow window for receiving additional surveys.
Here is the link: https://uwt.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_77chF5mNyhLS938
This is an important survey for our blindness community because it will give the members of blind consumer organizations an opportunity to register their experiences of finding healthcare information during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please give us as much of your personal experiences as you can so that our study could create a comprehensive picture of the healthcare information barriers blind people face particularly under pandemic conditions.
We will be contributing 1 dollar for every survey completed to NFB headquarters; so, please show your support by completing this survey immediately.
You will also have the option to be included in a draw for 10 $25 gift cards. Unfortunately, we did not get enough funding to do this study but we don't want to miss the opportunity to take a nationwide-impression of what the healthcare information experiences of blindness community have been during these trying times. Besides publishing our research report in academic journals, the report will be available to blindness community. We will also be producing a public report which will be shared with as many local and state-level health departments as possible.
Here is the link:
https://uwt.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_77chF5mNyhLS938
If you have any questions about the survey, or you have difficulty completing the survey, please email me at oswal at u.washington.edu<mailto:oswal at u.washington.edu>.
Our human subjects approval includes a permission to conduct this survey over the phone if necessary. So, do not hesitate to email me privately if you face computer issues while completing this survey. My co-investigator and I will maintain your privacy in all possible circumstances.

With regards from unseasonably hot Greater Seattle,

Sushil
Sushil K. Oswal, Ph.D.
Professor of Human-Centered Design and Accessibility
School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences
Affiliate Professor, Disability Studies
College of Arts and Sciences
University of Washington
oswal at u.washington.edu<mailto:oswal at u.washington.edu>

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Director of Research Programs, Blindness Initiatives
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2221 | lblake at nfb.org<mailto:lblake at nfb.org>

[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>

                         [Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>     [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Disclaimer