[Nfbnet-members-list] Participants needed for data analysis research at NFB national convention

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Tue Jun 19 06:07:36 UTC 2018

The below research participant solicitation is
being provided for informational purposes only.
The National Federation of the Blind has no
involvement in this research, but we believe that
it may contribute to our research mission.

Do you work in data all day? Do you dream of
spreadsheets and hold a special place in your
heart for Excel? Then the American Institute of
Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) needs your
analytical mind at the NFB National Convention!
The value of data analytics and related concepts
has increased within the accounting profession.
Future CPAs need to evolve their skillsets,
including visually-impaired professionals who may
have unique needs when performing data-related tasks.
To better understand the impact this may have on
the future of the Uniform CPA Examination®, we
will conduct a study that requires a select group
of NFB members who work in financial-related or
data-heavy fields. Through interviews to be held
during the NFB Convention, we hope to identify
the unique needs of those who work with data. The
information we collect will determine the best
approach for future assessments of data
manipulation and the analysis of large data sets.
If you'd like to share your insights, register by
clicking the link below. Any views shared will be
anonymous, and not attributed to any individual. *
Participation requires only an hour of your time
July 5th through July 7th and you will receive a
$50 thank you gift card! Participant must be 21 years of age or older.
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdv0CkbZMoXYlHzf0alQWkqrA_7RSQVjqvWqYbFbtpZGxaqCA/viewform?usp=sf_link>Click
here to sign-up by June 29th!
(response form works best with JAWS in Chrome or Firefox)
*Please note that audio recordings will be made
of the interviews, and will be used for the
purposes of the research only. They will not be
shared outside of the research team. By agreeing
to take part in the interview, you are agreeing
to the audio recording being made. Any views
shared will be anonymous, and not attributable to
any individual. Your reply will be treated in the
strictest confidence by AICPA according to the
GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Deputy Executive Director, Jernigan Institute
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2221| <mailto:lblake at nfb.org>lblake at nfb.org

<https://nfb.org/>
National Federation of the Blind

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>
Facebook
     <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>
Twitter
     <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>
Youtube

The National Federation of the Blind is a
community of members and friends who believe in
the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every
day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

---
https://www.avg.com