[Nfbnet-members-list] Research study recruitment announcement for 2018 NFB convention

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Tue Jun 19 02:50:34 UTC 2018

The below research participant solicitation is
being provided for informational purposes only.
The National Federation of the Blind has no
involvement in this research, but we believe that
it may contribute to our research mission.

The Neuroplasticity and Development Lab invites
participants to take part in research studies at
the 2018 NFB convention in Orlando. The studies
involve listening to stories, listening to lists
of letters, and answering questions. The goal of
this research is to better understand how visual
and non-visual experiences contribute to cognition.

There are two studies. You can choose to
participate in either one or both of these
studies. Each study takes around 2 hours, and
participants are compensated $30 per hour for
taking part in each study. Prior to scheduling a
study appointment we ask that you complete a
pre-screening interview over the phone to ensure
that you qualify. To qualify, participants must
be congenitally and totally blind and between 18
and 50 years of age. The screening interview
takes between 15 to 30 minutes. Those who take
part in the interview will receive a $15 Amazon
gift certificate. To find out if you qualify,
please contact us by either calling (410)
870-9895 or emailing
<mailto:plasticity_lab at jhu.edu>plasticity_lab at jhu.edu.
If you have previously participated in a study
with us, you may not be asked to go through the screening interview.

Thank you for reading our announcement, and we
look forward to seeing you at the convention.

Lindsay Yazzolino
Neuroplasticity & Development Lab
Johns Hopkins University

(Lab Principal Investigator: Dr. Marina Bedny
<mailto:marina.bedny at jhu.edu>marina.bedny at jhu.edu
http://pbs.jhu.edu/research/bedny/index.html)

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
(410) 659-9314 x 2221