[Nfbnet-members-list] BLIND Inc. at Convention

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sat Jul 8 21:56:29 UTC 2017

Hello fellow Federationists!

In just a few short days BLIND, Incorporated will
be hosting the annual Karaoke Night! Come and
sing to your hearts content on Monday evening
between 8:00 and 12:00. Don't feel shy- come and
sing some great music and then celebrate your
talent with a beverage from the cash bar! The
cost is $6, and proceeds benefit our youth
programs. Tickets will be sold at the door.

Want to avoid the long line? Look for one of the
students or staff from BLIND, Inc. for a ticket.

The NFB of Minnesota/BLIND, Incorporated Table is located at C21.

This year we are debuting our new BLIND, Inc
t-shirts with a new design! If you have one of
our old shirts, then you should get one of the
new ones. Get them while supplies last. All shirts are $15.

Back by popular demand is Native American Wild
Rice hand-harvested from the northern parts of
Minnesota! This wild rice can be tamed at a small
cost of $15 per 1 pound bag. Don't have recipes
for wild rice? Visit
<https://www.blindinc.org/recipes/>www.blindinc.org/recipes
to get some tasty ideas!

Note: Wild Rice is completely unlike other forms
of rice. It is actually a native grain with a
strong nutty flavor.  And since it expands two to
three times more than regular rice, a little goes
a long way. This is native rice, and not
available in stores, as only Native Americans are
permitted to harvest it using canoes.

Need a tasty treat during convention? Salted Nut
Rolls for $1.00 will hit the spot! These tasty
treats are full of nuts and Carmel coated nougat
with a little salt for a taste of Minnesota.

Try your hand at our traditional Minnesota Word
Scramble for just $1–get all the words
unscrambled correctly, and you'll be entered into
a drawing for a cash prize. This year’s topic is
Travel. The proceeds benefit our Metro Chapter.

Are you feeling Crafty? The table will also have
crafts for sale. Come and see what we have while supplies last!

Whether it is during Karaoke, at the Minnesota
table, or around the convention, we look forward to meeting you!
Dan Wenzel, Executive Director
BLIND, Inc.

ddavis at blindinc.org