[Nfbnet-members-list] Ohio State Diversity Survey

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Fri Feb 10 20:46:23 UTC 2017

Fellow Federationists,

The following letter is from researchers at The Ohio State University
to ask for your input in a research study. Any adult, 18 years of age
or older, who is blind or low vision, is invited to participate. If
you have any questions regarding the study or the survey, contact
information for all researchers is located on the first page of the
link attached to the invitation letter.

Dear Potential Research Participants,

As researchers at The Ohio State University, we are examining how
individuals who are blind or visually impaired perceive race and
culture. It is our hope to use the findings of our study to compare
and expand upon existing literature in an effort to understand how
individuals who are blind perceive racial diversity.

With race issues so prevalent in the news today, schools increasing
focus on multi-culturalism, and teacher training that emphasizes
diversity in schools, it is our hope to better understand the
perceptions of individuals who are blind within these areas in an
effort to improve education and raise awareness of diversity among
all individuals, including individuals with vision loss.

We are writing today because we want your voice to impact our work!

Please take the time to fill out our short survey at the link found below:

<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/O5WgBmh81K7Ie?domain=osu.az1.qualtrics.com>https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_73ZMg0u2dJihjBb

Thank you for your time and consideration of this project!

Danene Fast and Ann Pilewskie