[Nfbnet-members-list] 2017 NFB of Illinois Student Spring Seminar

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 13:37:32 UTC 2017

Greetings to all,

This is NFBI Webmaster Brian Mackey. I would like to inform all that the
flyer and registration form for the 2017 NFBI Student Spring Seminar is now
available. The flyer can be viewed or downloaded from
<http://www.nfbofillinois.org/spring-seminar>
www.nfbofillinois.org/spring-seminar. I am going to include it in this
message as well.

The registration form can be viewed at
<http://www.nfbofillinois.org/spring-seminar-registration>
www.nfbofillinois.org/spring-seminar-registration. Registration will be open
until April 14th. Financial assistance will be available through our Chapel
Dennis Award,  <http://www.nfbofillinois.org/chappell-award>
www.nfbofillinois.org/chappell-award, until April 1st. If you have any
questions regarding to the seminar, please contact IABS president Emma Meyer
at 815-735-4714 or  <mailto:meyeremma13 at gmail.com> meyeremma13 at gmail.com.

Information on the Spring Seminar flyer follows. I will also attach it to
this email for printing purposes.

***

The Illinois Association of Blind Students, the student chapter of the
National Federation of  the Blind of Illinois, presents a 2017 Student
Spring Seminar:

BEATING the BARRIERS

This year's student seminar will be a full day of current and vital content
for blind student success in education and life. We'll have presentations by
experts in topics of high interest to blind students, an engaging student
panel, interactive workshops, energizing physical activity and more. This is
a prime chance to network and share knowledge with blind students and
professionals from near and far. The seminar will also include lunch and
loads of valuable resources.

Here is what you want to know:

WHO?

If you are a blind or low vision student, or you want to know more about and
be a part of blind student life, this is your seminar!

WHEN?

Saturday, April 22nd, 2017

WHERE?

 <https://m.ihg.com/hotels/holidayinn/us/en/hoteldetail/chibf> Holiday Inn
Midway:
6624 S. Cicero Ave.
Chicago, IL  60638.

To reserve your hotel room, call 708-563-6490. Tell the hotel you are
booking with the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois for the
special rate of $129 per night (plus tax).

HOW MUCH?

The Seminar costs only $15 per person. Financial assistance may be available
for attendees outside Chicagoland through the
<http://www.nfbofillinois.org/chappell-award> NFBI Chappell-Dennis Memorial
fund. Please apply by April 1,2017.

HOW TO REGISTER AND/OR APPLY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE:

Please register at the  <http://www.nfbofillinois.org/> National Federation
of the Blind of Illinois web site. Follow the links to Spring seminar.

WHY WAIT?

Registration ends April 14, 2017.

Special requests and questions should be directed to Emma Meyer at:
<mailto:MeyerEmma13 at gmail.com> MeyerEmma13 at gmail.com. Sign up to our free
listservs (IL-Talk and IABS-Talk) at  <https://nfb.org/listserv>
nfb.org/listserv for updates and info (or to post questions or comments).

In the National Federation of the Blind, Blind Americans work together to
break down barriers so that we can live the lives we want.

Sincerely,

Brian A. Mackey

Brian A. Mackey
Owner, Mackey Enterprises, LLC
Webmaster, National Federation of the Blind of Illinois
Treasurer & Webmaster, National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey
Member, National Federation of the Blind (NFB) Blind Users Innovating &
Leading Design (BUILD) Team
609-953-6988
 <mailto:Bmackey88 at gmail.com> Bmackey88 at gmail.com
 <http://www.mackeyenterprisesllc.com/> www.mackeyenterprisesllc.com

"Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make
those dreams come true"
      -Vince Papale