[Nfbnet-members-list] Deadline Approaching for NFB Youth Slam Volunteers: We Need Your Energy, Love, Hope, and Determination!

Lewis, Anil ALewis at nfb.org
Fri Feb 10 14:42:08 UTC 2017

The deadline to apply as an adult volunteer for the 2017 National
Federation of the Blind Youth Slam is fast approaching! The NFB Youth
Slam program is a weeklong learning opportunity for high school
students in a wide-variety of science, technology, engineering, and
math (STEM) disciplines. In order to make this program a success we
need your help! Please help us engage, inspire, and encourage the
next generation of blind scientists, engineers, programmers, and
mathematicians to consider STEM careers. While some falsely believe
these careers are not for blind students, the NFB is here to
transform dreams into reality.

Volunteers are needed to help our students learn new skills, build
confidence, and increase their science literacy. They can serve in a
variety of capacities including: helping to prepare materials,
teaching a class, providing support to students both in and outside
of class, helping execute program logistics (i.e., set up and tear
down, material distribution), providing navigational support for
students (i.e., talking signs), etc. Volunteers will be needed
Friday, July 21 - Saturday, July 29, 2017.

The deadline to apply is Friday, February 17. Visit
<https://nfb.org/youth-slam-volunteer-application>https://nfb.org/youth-slam-volunteer-application
to apply now! For more information about NFB Youth Slam volunteer
opportunities, please visit
<http://blindscience.org/nfb-youth-slam-volunteer-page>http://blindscience.org/nfb-youth-slam-volunteer-page.
If you have additional questions, contact us at (410) 659-9314,
extension 2418, or email <mailto:STEM at nfb.org>STEM at nfb.org.

Join us as we continue to raise expectations and make history at what
promises to be the best NFB Youth Slam yet!