[Nfbnet-members-list] Please Help with End of Year Campaign

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Nov 3 16:06:28 UTC 2016

Hello Fellow Federationists:

I am sending this email to seek your assistance in making our end-of-year
ask. At the end of this message is sample language you can employ to help.
What is an end-of-year ask? An "ask" is a request for a donation. As you no
doubt surmised, an end-of-year ask happens during this season. The best way
to gain funds is to ask for them, and we are doing so in connection with the
holiday season.

You can help by sending an email to your contacts, asking on social media,
or putting an insert in your holiday cards. The NFB truly assists blind
people to live the lives we want, and funding is an important part of that.
So please reach out to your family and friends. Thank you so much.

You could say something like the following:

Please assist me to help blind people live the lives we want. I am a proud
member of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB). The National
Federation of the Blind helped me to gain confidence and be successful by
(insert what NFB gave to you). We award scholarships and bring blind youth
to our headquarters in Baltimore to study science, technology, engineering,
and math (STEM)-fields long thought to be out of reach to blind people. We
teach kids to read Braille, and we give free white canes to individuals who
need to regain mobility after vision loss. These are just a few of the
important programs the NFB offers. Members of the National Federation of the
Blind believe that high expectations lead to success.

(If you wish to do so, this is a good place to insert a photograph.)

I made a donation to the National Federation of the Blind recently, and I am
asking you to please do the same. It's easy. Visit
https://nfb.org/donate2016. Or you can donate by mail by sending your check
(made out to the National Federation of the Blind) to: National Federation
of the Blind, Attn: Outreach, 200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place,
Baltimore, MD 21230.

Thank you so much for considering a gift to the National Federation of the
Blind.

pchang at nfb.org

David Andrews and Long White Cane Harry

dandrews at visi.com or david.andrews at nfbnet.org