[Nfbnet-members-list] FW: recruiting beta testers for KNFB Reader

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Wed Nov 2 16:17:30 UTC 2016

***
Greetings from the KNFB Reader team,

Once again, we are adding many more languages to KNFB Reader. In June
of this year, the grand total of languages available to KNFB Reader
users increased to nineteen.  With your help we may be adding as many
as thirteen in the near future.  A lucky number indeed.

In this round of additions, there are several which have proven very
challenging.  Input from our valued beta testers will be needed to
ensure the best functionality for these new languages.  We need those
familiar with the following languages to volunteer to beta test the
next version of KNFB Reader.

Chinese (both Simplified and Traditional)
Afrikaans
Albanian
Croatian
Icelandic
Indonesian
Japanese
Korean
Romanian
Serbian
Slovak
Slovenian

If you are interested in participating, send a message to
<mailto:support at knfbreader.com>support at knfbreader.com.  Include the following:

Your Name
Your location
The language/s you can test
Your email address
The make and model of device you are using
The version of the operating system you are currently running
Do you already own KNFB Reader.
Do you use either TalkBack or VoiceOver?
On a scale of 1-5, please rate your level of proficiency with your
device.  Please note that we want to find users of all skill levels.

Please spread this message far and wide.  Many of these languages may
not be commonly spoken in your area.  If you know of anyone who may
be interested in helping with this project, please do not hesitate to
recruit them.  Language testers do not need to be blind.  Ask your
friends, family members and coworkers who may speak any of these languages.

Thank you again for your interest in improving KNFB Reader.  We could
not do it without you.

Regards,

Joel

Joel Zimba
Reading Innovation Project Manager
National Federation of the Blind
Phone: 410-659-9314 ext. 2233
KNFB Reader App Support:  347-422-7085
Email: <mailto:jzimba at nfb.org>jzimba at nfb.org

the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds

Email: <mailto:jzimba at nfb.org>jzimba at nfb.org

the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.