[Nfbnet-members-list] 2016 National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division Agenda

Darian Smith president at nfbcommunityservice.org
Wed Jun 29 02:35:03 UTC 2016

Federation Family,

I am pleased to present to you the agenda for the 2016 National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division Meeting.
 It is attached, pasted and included as a url for your convenience.
 See you in a few days!
 http://nfbcommunityservice.org/division_seminar_agenda_2016 <http://nfbcommunityservice.org/division_seminar_agenda_2016>

How to be a Humanitarian: A Recipe for Reciprocity
Second Annual National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division Seminar

6:15 - 10:00 pm, Wekiwa 8, Level 2 (registration begins at 6:15 pm)

6:35: Call to Order and Opening Remarks

6:40: It Starts with Love on the Local Level
Gary Wunder, President, National Federation of the Blind of Missouri; Columbia,
Missouri

6:50: National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division Board of Directors
Introduction

6:55: Introduction of Community Service State Divisions

7:00: Getting the Chapter Involved
Dacia Cole, Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of Missouri
Columbia Chapter; Columbia, Missouri

Jonathan Franks, First Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of Texas
Austin Chapter, Board Member, National Federation of the Blind Community
Service Division; Austin, Texas

Libra Robinson, President, National Federation of the Blind Community Service
Division of Washington, D.C.; Washington, District of Columbia

7:15: It’s Dreaming Small: Small Groups,
Megan Borella; San Francisco, California

Katy Olsen; Granger, Iowa

Johna Wright; Thomson, Georgia

7:50: When We Serve, it Shapes Us: 2016 Scholarship Finalists
Deanna L. Greco; Cherry Hill, New Jersey

Syed Rizvi; Longmeadow, Massachusetts

Tara Abella; Brownsburg, Indiana

Kennedy Stomberg; Cedar Rapids, Iowa

8:10: Community Service, Who We Are
Amy Buresh, President, National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska, Board
Member, National Federation of the Blind; Lincoln, Nebraska

8:20: Putting the Humanity in Our Service: Habitat Build Service Project Report

8:35: Realizing the Environment Around Us and the Good We Can Do for It
Joy Mistovich; Youngstown, Ohio

8:50: Dreaming Big Ideas: Membership Discussion

9:10: Presidential Report
Darian Smith, President, National Federation of the Blind Community Service
Division; San Francisco, California

9:20: Elections

10:00: Adjournment

Darian Smith
President, National Federation  of the Blind Community Service Division

Web: www.nfbcommunityservice.org <http://www.nfbcommunityservice.org/>

Twitter: @NFBCSDivision, at goldengateace

Facebook: search for “National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division"

E-mail: president at nfbcommunityservice.org <mailto:president at nfbcommunityservice.org>

(415)215-9809

blindness is not what holds you back.
 “We need your service, right now, at this moment - our moment - in history. I'm not going to tell you what your role should be; that's for you to discover. But I am going to ask you to play your part; ask you to stand up; ask you to put your foot firmly into the current of history” — Barack Obama
 Help drive change for the blind .
Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today!
For more information, please visit: www.carshelpingtheblind.org <http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org/> or call 1-855-659-9314
“