[Nfbnet-members-list] FW: 2015 Talent Competition

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Jun 2 01:34:17 UTC 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: Julie McGinnity [mailto:kaybaycar at gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2015 9:34 PM
To: David Andrews
Cc: jordystringer83
Subject: 2015 Talent Competition

My friends and fellow federationists,

The 75th anniversary of the National Federation of the Blind draws ever
nearer! And it is now time that preregistration open for the 2015 talent
competition.  Join us for a night of great performances at the eleventh
annual talent competition. This year the showcase will take place on
Thursday July 9th. General admission will be $5.  We will again award cash
prizes to two acts. The cost to compete in this year's show will be $10.
Individuals who wish to preregister can do so now by e-mailing
nfbpad at gmail.com a completed registration form.
(See attached.) Preregistration will be open until Tuesday June 30.
Whether you perform in the show or support your friends from the audience,
it will be a most enjoyable evening of great entertainment!
The contest will be judged by three members of our federation family.
First: Jordy Stringer. Currently Jordy serves as performing arts division
president,
Second: Lauren McLarney, Manager of Government affairs, National Federation
of the blind, and last but not least: Marion Gwizdala who currently serves
as President of the national association of guide dog users.
Room: Junior ball room G.
Time: 8:00-10:30 PM.
The following prizes will be awarded: First prize, $200; Second Pries, $100.
If there are any questions please e-mail Julie at: nfbpad at gmail.com with the
subject line, 2015 talent competition.
We are looking forward to spending some time with all of you during this
year's celebration!

Blessings and happy travels!

Julie A. McGinnity, Vice-president, Performing Arts Division, National
Federation of the Blind.

Performing Arts Talent competition Entry Form

Name of contestant: ________________________________________

Affiliate name: _______________

Contestant Telephone: ___________________

Contestant e-mail: _______________

Talent Performing:

Song Performing:

Number of performers: _______________

Unusual/interesting facts about performance:

NOTES: Return entry form to:
nfbpad at gmail.com
By June 30, 2015
Be sure to attach any MP3 or music files with your entry.
Payment in cash ($10) is due in person to Julie McGinnity at the convention
no later than Tuesday July 7th, by 4:00 PM., for any questions please e-mail
Julie at: nfbpad at gmail.com Or call: 317-643-1890

--
Julie McGinnity
National Federation of the Blind of Missouri second vice president, National

David Andrews and Long White Cane Harry
dandrews at visi.com or david.andrews at nfbnet.org
Twitter:  @dandrews920