[Nfbnet-members-list] Performing Arts Events, celebrating 75 Years of the National Federation of the Blind

Jordy jdsvendingservices at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 18:23:37 UTC 2015

National Federation of the Blind
Performing Arts division
National Convention agenda 2015

Contact information:

Performing Arts Division, National Federation of the Blind
5015 Holbrooke Dr. Columbus Ohio, 43232
Jordy D. Stringer. President
E-Mail: Jordystringer83 at gmail.com
Phone: 317-643-1890

Location:

The 2015 convention of the National Federation of the Blind will take
place in Orlando, Florida, July 5-10, at the Rosen Centre Hotel at
9840 International Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819. The hotel is now
accepting reservations. Call (800) 204-7234 to make a reservation.

Schedule:

Sunday, July 5            Seminar Day.
Monday, July 6            Registration Day.
Tuesday, July 7        Board Meeting and Division Day.
Wednesday, July 8           Opening Session.
Thursday, July 9               Business Session.
Friday, July 10          Banquet Day and Adjournment.

The Performing Arts Division, a strong and proud division of the
National Federation of the Blind, has planned many exciting
activities in anticipation of the 75th anniversary of the National
Federation of the Blind.   Please join us!

These exciting events begin on the evening of Monday July Sixth.  The
Performing Arts Division will present in partnership with I See
Music, MPEP The first steps. A curriculum developed by
I See Music.
Would you like to pursue a career as a music engineer or producer?
Have you ever considered producing radio commercials? Or are you just
a strait audio junky in search of a career?  Well from 6:30 PM until
9:30 PM join I See Music and the Performing Arts Division as we give
you the information and tools to make this a reality.
Registration 6:30-7:00 PM.
cost, $10. Room, Salon 8, Level 2
Presenter: Byron Harden, Founder and executive Director, I See Music

Tuesday July 7, General membership meeting with a twist. 1:00 PM.
4:00 PM. Salon 14, level 2
What is the Performing Arts Division?  What is our function as a
division of the National Federation of the Blind?  Would you like to
learn more about the 15-year history of the Division and be a part of
shaping the movement of the future?  Would you like to develop a
performing arts division in your state? This year our annual meeting
will be the time for you to voice your ideas and engage with
us.  Let's go build the federation through our Performing Arts Division!
This year there will be a special election for the offices of vice
president and Secretary. (Only due paying members should vote.)
As a treat     Katelyn MacIntyre and Lizzy Muhammad will host groovy
Tuesday. Beginning at 2:30 PM in anticipation of all of the dancing
that will be happening as part of this most joyous of celebrations
come and dance with us to celebrate 75 years of the national
federation of the blind and be part of the movement of the future!
Division Dues, ($5)

As we wind down the week join us for a night of great performances at
the eleventh annual talent competition. This year the competition
will take place on Thursday July 9th. General admission will be
$5.  We will again award cash prizes to two acts. The cost to perform
in this year's show will be $10. Individuals who wish to preregister
can do so beginning June 1, 2015, by e-mailing nfbpad at gmail.com  a
completed registration form.
Registration will be open from Monday June 1 until Tuesday June 30.
Whether you perform in the show or support your friends from the
audience, it will be an enjoyable evening of great
entertainment!  The contest will be judged by three members of our
federation family.
First: Jordy Stringer. Currently Jordy serves as performing arts
division president,
Second: Lauren McLarney, Director of Government affairs National
Federation of the blind,
and last but not least: Marion Gwizdala who currently serves as
President of the national association of guide dog users.
Room: Junior ball room G.
Time: 8:00-10:30 PM.
The following prizes will be awarded: First prize, $200; Second Pries, $100.

Feel free to stop by the Performing Arts table in the exhibit hall as
well. Here you can become a member of the division, buy sound N.
Sight albums,  learn about possible mentorship opportunities, or sign
up to mentor  fellow performers.
We look forward to celebrating the 75th anniversary of the national
Federation of the blind with you this summer.
Please contact us with any questions!
Phone: (614) 629-4639
Email President Jordy Stringer at jordystringer83 at gmail.com
Email Interim Vice President Julie McGinnity at kaybaycar at gmail.com

About the National Federation of the Blind:

The National Federation of the Blind (NFB) is the oldest, largest,
and most influential nationwide membership organization of blind
people in the United States.  Founded in 1940, the NFB advocates for
the civil rights and equality of blind Americans, and develops
innovative education, technology, and training
programs to provide the blind and those who are losing vision with
the tools they need to become independent and successful.  We need
your support.  To
make a donation, please go to www.nfb.org.

Jordy D. Stringer,
President, Performing Arts Division, National Federation of the Blind
Phone: 317-643-1890
E-mail: <mailto:nfbpad at gmail.com>nfbpad at gmail.com
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams.
You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

For more information about how to make a vehicle donation, receive a
free white cane, or to receive support or other services please visit

<https://nfb.org/>https://nfb.org/