[Nfbnet-members-list] Human Services Division: Reflecting the Flame Passing the Torch

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Thu Jun 19 20:58:16 UTC 2014

Greetings from the NFB Human Services Division!

           As President Maurer passes the torch
to a new president, the NFB’s Human Services
Division feels it is only fitting to recognize
the leader of the third generation of
Federationists in a classic way! In honor of Dr.
Maurer, we will offer you a commemorative coffee
mug. This large 11 oz. mug will feature a
portrait of Dr. Maurer in the 4th floor
Conference Room of the Jernigan Institute. Above
his photo is the year he took office   “1986”,
Below this date are the words “Reflecting the
Flame”, the title of one of his many impressive
banquet addresses. Below his portrait are the
words “Passing the Torch” and the date “2014”. On
the opposite side of the mug from the portrait is
the new NFB logo in full color. These mugs will
be available at the Human Services table (B-18)
and at our meeting (see information below) for
only $10.00. These limited edition coffee mugs
will sell out, so don't wait too long to get yours!

           The Human Services Division is a
strong & proud division of the National
Federation of the Blind whose members are blind
professionals in the human services field or
aspiring to work in this field, such as social
workers, mental health counselors, psychologists,
genetic counselors, music therapists,
rehabilitation counselors, doctors, nurses,
health care  practitioners, , and other human
services related fields. Our meeting will be held
in Salon 19, Level 2 of the Rosen Hotel &
Convention Center. Registration and a trivia
contest will be held from 1:00 – 1:45 p.m. Our
meeting will begin promptly at 2:00 P.M. and
feature exciting presentations about our efforts
to implement accessible electronic health records
(EHR) by Lauren McLarney, an introduction to the
Diagnostic & Statistical manual of Mental
Disorders (DSM-5) by J.D. Townsend, LCSW, , and
overcoming the challenging phrase in so many job
announcements, “Driver license required” by
Millie Rivera, a Federationist who works for the
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
(EEOC)!  Merry Schoch  will discuss the work the
Division is doing  to improve the accessibility
to licensing and other credentialing examinations
& courses.   Scholarship winners will introduce
themselves and talk about their goals and aspirations in the field.

The National Federation of the Blind’s Human
Services Division is the leader in policy,
education, and advocacy for blind professionals
in the human service fields! Our influence and
strength are the result of our robust
membership.   If you are not a member of the
NFB’s human Services Division, you are invited to
join our ranks and support our goal of Living the
Life You Want as a blind human service
professional. Membership in the Human Services
Division also makes you a member of the National
Federation of the Blind. Joining is painless and
simple. Our dues are only $5.00 annually. You can
join and pay your dues at our registration table
outside our meeting room, at our exhibit hall table, or by sending them to

J.D. Townsend, LCSW, Treasurer

Address

1598 Riverside Drive

             Holly Hill   FL   32117

For more information about the NFB’s Human
Services Division, please visit our website at

http:nfb-humanservices.org

or by calling 813-625-1850. I look forward to seeing you in Orlando!

Like this facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/humanservicesdivision

Follow this twitter

https://www.twitter.com/NFBHumanService

With warm regards,

Merry Schoch, MSW, RCSWI, President

National Federation of the Blind Human Services Division

813-625-1850

<mailto:merrys at verizon.net>merrys at verizon.net