[Nfbnet-members-list] Announcement for NFB Live

James L. Gagnier jl.gagnier at mediacombb.net
Mon Aug 11 01:49:46 UTC 2014

Greetings!

We wish to announce the launch of NFB Live, a  voice chat site hosted
by the National Federation of the Blind of New York.  Our grand
opening will be on Saturday August 30.  The day's activities as of
now include games, door prizes, and a series of special guests and
venders.  The day will start at 2:00 PM Eastern with Carl Jacobsen,
from the NFB of New York introducing two distinguished guest
speakers, Mister Mark Riccobono, President of the National Federation
of the Blind, and Doctor Marc Maurer, former president.  Throughout
the day, we will have a series of presentations by several speakers
and venders.  At present, we are proud to have Art Schreiber who will
discuss his experiences as one of two American reporters who
travelled with the Beatles during their 1964 american tour, and James
Gashel who will discuss the KNFB Reader for iPhones, . We are happy
to also have Dan Parker, blind motorcycle driver, who will tell us
about his adventures driving in the Bonneville Salt Flats.

We will also have J.J. Meddaugh from the A T Guys and James Boehm
from Kustomcane, discussing their products.

Our most updated schedule will always be found at:

<http://www.nfblive.org/grandopening.htm>http://www.nfblive.org/grandopening.htm

If you're not signed up to NFB Live yet, go to:

<http://www.nfblive.com/join.htm>http://www.nfblive.com/join.htm

Fill out the form and within 24 hours you will obtain a username and
password and instructions on how to access the NFB Live site.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Carl Jacobsen at:

<mailto:carl at nfblive.com>carl at nfblive.com

or

James Gagnier at:

<mailto:support at nfblive.com>support at nfblive.com

Please feel free to distribute this announcement where you see fit.

Thank you,

Carl Jacobsen