[Nfbnet-members-list] revised announcement.

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 21:11:41 UTC 2014

Dear Friends,

Thank you to those who were able to make it to the Community Service
seminar and division organizing meeting of the National Federation of
the Blind. We hope you enjoyed the speakers and content as much as we
enjoyed putting it together and having you there.

If you couldn't make it, we are truly sorry and hope that you will
make it a point to join us next year in Orlando for our Diamond 75th
Anniversary Convention, where we plan to make a bigger and better
experience to commemorate the occasion.

If for some reason you couldn't make or stay for the organizing
meeting, we are glad to tell you that we approved a constitution and
elected the following officers:

President: Darian Smith
Vice-President: Chris Parsons
Secretary: Charlotte Czarnecki
Treasurer: Corina Salinas
Board Member 1: Michelle Mitchell
Board Member 2: Sarah Leon
Board Member 3: James Gump

All of the members of the board of directors are very excited to get
to work and to do so alongside our brothers and sisters in the
movement. We are eager to hear from you on how we may work together
to serve our communities and build the Federation through that
service. With this in mind, we are planning an open call to discuss
what programs we build and decide the people who shall help us build
them. The call will take place on Sunday, August 17 at 9 p.m. Eastern
Time, and again, all are welcome.
  To participate simply call  (712)432-0140 code: 808277.

In the meantime, please be in touch should you have any thoughts,
questions, ideas, or want to become more active in our work. We look
forward to working with you to expand community service opportunities
for the blind at all levels of the organization and to create a
platform that promotes the recognition of the true capacity of the blind.

Let's live the lives we want through service; let's get involved!

Thanks,
Darian
"Darian Smith" <dsmithnfb at gmail.com>