[Nfbnet-members-list] Announcing the 14th Annual Mock Trial

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Fri Jul 1 19:26:49 UTC 2011

Here yee, here yee, the National Association of
Blind Lawyers is pleased to bring you the 14th
Annual Mock Trial where we take an old case
affecting the rights of the blind and reenact it
to provide both education and
entertainment.  This year we will be trying the
case of Mrs. Dee Voute  Robinson v. the
Benevolent Works.  This social agency refused to
hire a highly qualified blind, licensed social
worker because  of her blindness.  The agency
says that a blind counselor can't counsel
effectively because it is necessary to read body
language and it would be impossible for a blind therapist to do home visits.

   We have  a special guest witness this
year.  Father John Sheehan of the Xavier Society
for the Blind will be staring in one of our
roles.  The admission to the trial is only $5 and
you won't be disappointed.  Come join us on
Monday, July 4th, at 4:15 pm in the Panzacola G-1
Ballroom located on Level 1 of the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort.

Regards,
Scott C. LaBarre, Esq.
President, National Association of Blind Lawyers

LaBarre Law Offices P.C.
1660 South Albion Street, Ste. 918
Denver, Colorado 80222
303 504-5979 (voice)
303 757-3640 (fax)
<mailto:slabarre at labarrelaw.com>slabarre at labarrelaw.com (e-mail)
<http://www.labarrelaw.com>www.labarrelaw.com (website)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you
are not the designated recipient, you may not
read, copy, distribute or retain this message. If
you received this message in error, please notify
the sender at 303) 504-5979 or
<mailto:slabarre at labarrelaw.com>slabarre at labarrelaw.com,
and destroy and delete it from your system. This
message and any attachments are covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521.