[Nfbnet-members-list] Simple Ways to Promote the NFB Youth Slam in the Pepsi Refresh Project

Lamkin, Seth SLamkin at nfb.org
Thu Sep 9 07:22:08 UTC 2010

Simple Ways to Promote the NFB Youth Slam in the Pepsi Refresh Project

Thanks to all who continue to vote for the 2011 NFB Youth Slam in the
Pepsi Refresh project! Only through everyone's help will the NFB be
able to pull in $250,000 to improve the education of blind students
in science. This is a grassroots opportunity to secure funding, and
what organization is better equipped to capitalize on such an
opportunity? We have a new blog out there at
<http://www.nfbyouthslam.blogspot.com/>www.nfbyouthslam.blogspot.com
where we are highlighting other projects who are voting for us, as
well as organizations who are spreading the word about our effort.
The blog also has a link to a promotional flyer you can use to pass
out at various events in your community, or as simple reminders to
your friends to vote. Here are just a few easy ways to use those
flyers and get the word out this month:

    * Contact the church you attend. Ask if they will print a small
blurb in the bulletin and/or allow you to leave a stack of flyers in
the vestibule. Pass them out before or after Sunday School.
    * Ask your local Lion's Club, Rotary, etc. to pass out flyers and
get behind the cause.
    * Attending a PTA meeting? Great opportunity to make use of a
captive audience to either pass out flyers or have them text!

And of course, the easiest way is to just ask a few people you know
to vote along with you to support the effort. You can follow up with
them each week to remind them to keep it up. See if you can ask a few
new people each week. Thank you all for your hard work! Below are the
three ways to vote, be sure to use as many ways are available to you each day!

    * Text Message: Simply put the number 101913 into the body of a
text, and send that text to 73774. *Standard text-messaging rates apply
    * Go to
<http://www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam>www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam,
click the link to vote, and then choose the log in using Facebook
option. Once you're successfully logged in, click the vote button on
our page again and the vote link will disappear and you'll have
logged your vote!
    * Go to
<http://www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam>www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam,
click the link to vote, and then choose the sign in directly with
Pepsi option. Once you're successfully logged in, click the vote