[Nfbnet-members-list] Vote for Equality in the Science Classroom in September

SLamkin at nfb.org SLamkin at nfb.org
Tue Sep 7 01:24:55 UTC 2010

September is another opportunity for you to make a difference with
just a few seconds of your time each day. Blind students are too
often denied their chance at full inclusion in the classroom because
educators and the greater community believe certain subjects to be
dependent upon sight. The sciences are one area where these
misconceptions are prevalent. You can help promote the ability of
blind students to excel, if only given the opportunity and access, by
logging your daily votes for the National Federation of the Blind
(NFB) Youth Slam in the Pepsi Refresh project. The top two projects
by popular vote will win a grant of $250,000. There are three easy
and completely free ways to vote each day, and we encourage you to
make use of all three (that's 90 votes in the month of September,
from one person alone!)

    * Text Message: Simply put the number 101913 into the body of a
text, and send that text to 73774. *Standard text-messaging rates apply

    * Go to
<http://www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam>www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam,
click the link to vote, and then choose the log in using Facebook
option. Once you're successfully logged in, click the vote button on
our page again and the vote link will disappear and you'll have
logged your vote!
    * Go to
<http://www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam>www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam,
click the link to vote, and then choose the sign in directly with
Pepsi option. Once you're successfully logged in, click the vote
button on our page again and the vote link will disappear and you'll
have logged your vote!

There are detailed instructions for the online voting method for
those using screen readers at
<http://www.nfb.org/nfb/NewsBot.asp?MODE=VIEW&ID=636>www.nfb.org/nfb/NewsBot.asp?MODE=VIEW&ID=636,
as well as a place to sign up for daily e-mail and text reminders at