[gui-talk] JAWS sluggish startup

Jen spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 9 22:06:31 UTC 2017

Hi Brian,

I respectfully disagree with John. I think you have a problem with your JAWS
settings.

Try this.

1. Press Alt, O to go to the "Options" menu.
2. Press B for "Basics..."
3. Press CTRL, J to press the "Automatically Start JAWS..." button.
4. Press Alt, A to uncheck the "Start JAWS at the logon screen for all
users" checkbox. This way, JAWS won't start when everyone in your family
logs on to that computer.
5. Make sure "Always" is selected at the "Start JAWS at the logon screen for
this user" combo box.
6. Press the "Okay" button.

Now, JAWS will only start on the logon screen for you.

I hope this helps.

Jen