[gui-talk] [EXTERNAL] Problems Ordering From Amazon.com

Baracco, Andrew W Andrew.Baracco at va.gov
Fri Nov 21 18:29:47 UTC 2014

Well, we don't know if the problem lies with Amazon, or with JAWS, your
browser, or your PC. I think I recall that you are clinging doggedly to
XP, which means that you are using IE 8 at best, maybe older. And we do
not know which version of JAWS, so there is a potential rat's nest of
possibilities. I know that with JAWS, from time to time it just doesn't
see buttons as buttons, and pressing the spacebar does nothing.
Ordinarily, I do not think that clicking on a control on a web site
would lock up your computer, but it could be possible if you are using
an old browser. Before we migrated to Win 7 here at work earlier this
year, we were using XP with IE 7. On many web pages, there was a nag
urging me to upgrade my browser. I know that for me, often using a
different browser renders different results. For example, on the kim
Komando web site, when I click on the link to enter a contest with IE
11, I get an error message saying this page cannot be displayed. When I
hit ENTER  on the same link in Firefox, the entry form comes up with no
problem.

Andy