[gui-talk] suspect malwarebytes isn't accessible to blind any more

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sat Jul 5 00:46:29 UTC 2014

This is a known issue and Malwarebytes says they will have it corrected,
soon, although I don't think there is a specific date given.  You can
update the database without updating ths software, so if you still have
an earlier install, reinstall that and don't allow the software to
update.  I gather that the intention to fix this is a sincere one from
what I've read from others.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Thu, 3 Jul 2014 18:39:52 -0400
ken lawrence via gui-talk <gui-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

> Hi list today I wanted to do a scan with malwarebytes it wanted to update itself to the new version and when I did and launched it Surprise!  all NVDA said was aplication dot malwrebytes and the word payne repeated four times.  scan buttons and everything seems to have disappeared.  don’t know if this is permanent or not it said trial version.  so I’d recommend not downloading malwarebytes if you don’t already have it until the accessibility issues are resolved I have emailed them asking but I doubt the answer to my question is found in the faq.  will keep it in for bnow I don’t like not having it in the computer.

 <>