[gui-talk] A Strange JAWS Setting

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Jan 13 21:22:02 UTC 2014

Caret browsing (that's C A R E T, BTW) is used when one wishes to copy text
from a web page. It puts a movable cursor on the page that follows your
keystrokes so you can select text.

Incidentally, perhaps JAWS is misinterpreting keystrokes. I've seen this
behavior upon a few occasions. Have you killed and restarted JAWS and does
the problem persist?

Mike Freeman