[gui-talk] How do you stop a web page from constantly reloading?

hawkeye hawkeye at cox.net
Fri Sep 27 22:15:59 UTC 2013

For instance, on livingstrong.com, the page reloads so frequently and
rapidly that I am unable to exit from the page, I unable to delete the page,
and I am unable to close the other Windows to turn off the computer.  I have
to manually turn off the power to the computer and then reboot.  On other
web pages, it reloads so frequently that I can never read the text.  I
assume there must be some graphic going on to cause this annoyance.  Is
there a program which will freeze the page?
Jim