[gui-talk] Making sure I'm safe in Internet explorer

Blaine Clark blaineclrk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 17:44:15 UTC 2013

Antonio,

Here's two links that should help. The first one is from Microsoft and
explains how to disable the tool-bars but not un-install them. Ha! Good
old Microsoft! That's just part of the reason I use Linux and trash
Microsoft every chance I get! The second link mixes in some graphics but
also explains that you might be able to find the tool-bar executable
program in your installed programs list and totally un-install it from
there.

The other options that I can think of are to do a Restore back to a time
when you are sure you didn't have the problem. Make sure you do a backup
of your personal files and settings first, otherwise Restore will wipe
out everything back to that remote time and you'll loose it all! Next,
don't forget to update your anti-virus and do a scan as well as doing a
scan with a good anti-malware program. Once in a while scanning will
quarantine the added tool-bars if they are recognized as malicious.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd364987.aspx

http://www.pcworld.com/article/241720/how_to_remove_browser_toolbars_in_internet_explorer.html

Best of luck and consider trying out the Firefox browser. By default
it's more secure than Internet Exploder ... I mean Explorer! and you can
add extensions to make Firefox even more secure.

Anyone on Facebook can visit this help group too;
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158470351322/