[gui-talk] an alternative to clunky outdated software?

ken lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Sat Sep 8 23:30:31 UTC 2012

Hi list ken here have a question but not sure where to do the reading on it.  want to have access to my address book especially now that facebook has decided that they don’t want you to use regular email any more and switched us all to a facebook email address whether you want it or not.  I don’t want to download or install the old clunky AOL software again with all the clutter.  so have been looking into AOL Desktop as a possible solution.  what I don’t want to happen is download this thing and have my homepage made into An Aol and I don’t want that kingsized page loading up in the browser.  don’t used most of that stuff anyway.  Does anyone know if aol desktop is a good alternative to the clunky software since all I really need it for is for AIM and my address book and a fast one stop way of cleaning out the deleted mails?  thanks,