[gui-talk] JAWS: Job Access with speech

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Fri May 6 02:16:55 UTC 2011

Nadia,

We really need to know more about you before we can answer your questions very well.  Of course, we don't need
personal information because you don't know us and we don't know you, but such things as whether you use a
computer now, how you use it if you do, whether you read braille, if you are considering going to college, whether you
have a case open with your state agency, and it might be helpful to know which state you live in.  You wouldn't need
to give your town.  There are a number of screen readers out there besides JFW, but JFW is the one that is the most
well-known.  I use Window-Eyes, for example, which is also good and a little cheaper.  There is a free screen reader
and some get by with that for basic e-mail and internet browsing, and other tasks.  Most people need more power,
though.  Window-Eyes and System Access both have monthly payment plans.  As you can see, there are choices and
some of your options and needs depend upon your situation.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson