[gui-talk] JAWS: Job Access with speech

Nadia Cioffi cioffi.nadia at gmail.com
Sat May 7 01:24:33 UTC 2011

Steve Jacobson-

1. I use it a computer now, but I'm not the most product person. If I can
hear what I'm doing then I do better. My reading is not the best but
compaction is another story.  I can't always find what I'm looking for and
it's hard for me to perform tasks. I want jaws because I can't get a perfect
zoom with any zoom programs (ie. zoom text,magic ect..) System access slows
down the computer so much that working is very hard. Also, it only works
with Microsoft programs. The school is starting to get all open source ware
to save money and things are not reading. JAWS is the only program that
reads 98% of the stuff and is readable. Does not get eaten by AV programs.
so on..
2. I'm can see just enough to read large print. I'm on that line. My retired
TCVI said that "I know technology well eaough where, see can see me using
the computer vs. braille unless I can't get someone to work" That is very
true for me. Also the computer I use school and home have a range from
windows xp pro- vista basic (I've had this desktop for 3-4 years)
3. I don't have a case open with state angnce, but I live MI and I'm a
client of MCB
4. I've SAM Mobile which is free (K-12 school doesn't pay a dime.) I'm in
11th grade right now but I'm finishing up my joiner year.
5. I've try ed windows eyes (confide) NVDA to basic, Zoom text to much zoom.
Right now with the sight I have I can make things bigger in windows.
Therefor I need a good reader. No one knows not even my eye DR. If I will
lose vision or keep it for the rest of my life. If it keeps going at this
rate.... (you get where I'm going with this)
My spelling and gramme is bad when it's not beaning read back to me
6. This is the issues the ISD and School District are all seeing money sings
and my new TCVI doesn't know that my other TCVI gave me that before when I
was in 8th grade and my sight was a lot better. (lager print size: 14 Now
20) Zoom for pages copy's was 108% now It's 128% (that's 20% increase in 3
years.) The polices of MCB you have to be in collage programs.
7. I'm not going to collage (4 year) but I'm thinking of going to work
program to get on the job rating  and receive 2-4 year certificate
(business, computer, scrotal) I want to do something where I'm NOT sitting
in class 24/7 but having some hands on with it.
Thanks,
Nadia