[gui-talk] Fwd: Interesting New Braille Option

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Wed Feb 9 02:01:18 UTC 2011

From: a-d-bounces at accessible-devices.com

This is all the information we currently have on this.
BraillePen & BraillePen 12
BluetoothR Braille Keyboard and 12-cell display.
As well as having pleasing portable Braille keyboard, with the same device
you can read the output from your phone, PC, netbook or PDA. BraillePen 12
does everything BraillePen does - plus refreshable Braille output.
Superbly portable, with easy action and enviable battery life, the
BraillePens give you simple keyboard access to computers and portable
devices alike - and refreshable Braille. If your device supports Bluetooth
 and uses a standard access package, we probably have a BraillePen driver
for you.
The software the BraillePens know about includes MobileSpeak, Talks,
Pocket
Hal, Dolphin Pen, Supernova and Windows Mobile; and Windows XP, Vista and
Windows 7 as a Bluetooth R keyboard with our BraillePen Write software.
BraillePen also has a suite of fully accessible software available for
Windows Mobile PDAs - if your device runs Windows Mobile and you'd like
better access....
the BraillePen12 and the BraillePen Slim ( ), two Braille input/output
solutions with 12 refreshable Braille cells and a Perkins-style Braille
keyboard for text input with navigation through a variety of desktop and
mobile computer applications.
BraillePen12 is priced at US$995.00 and is the first refreshable Braille
device to be priced under US$1,000.00 for devices with 12 or more
refreshable Braille cells.
Alternatively, the BraillePen Slim, a Braille input device without any
refreshable Braille cells yet parallels the functionality of the
BraillePen12, is priced at US$299.00.
For additional information visit.
http://www.braillepen.com

Regards Steve