[gui-talk] windows 7 loss of sound

Christo de Klerk cjdk at mweb.co.za
Wed Dec 7 13:50:55 UTC 2011

I also had the loss of sound issue from the very start after installing
Windows 7. With each update I was hoping it would go away, but it hasn't.

Could a factor possibly be that there might be a difference between a clean
install of Windows 7 and an upgrade from another version? A friend of mine
is not experiencing the problem and he did a clean install. I went a
circuitous route, upgrading from XP to Vista and then from Vista to 7.

This thing is so random that occasionally it happens twice on a day; at
other times, like now, my PC can be on for days without it happening.
Unfortunately it has never happend when there was a pair of working eyes at
hand so that could investigate further. At times I thought it happened some
time after I had used FileZilla; at other times I thought maybe it happened
because Skype Talking was running. But I really have not been able to
pinpoint it or predict or avoid it. I wish it were possible to determine
some common factor on those systems which experience the problem. I just
know that I have only encountered this under Windows 7.

Kind regards

Christo