[gui-talk] windows 7 loss of sound

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Dec 6 21:50:52 UTC 2011

Doesn't that presume that sound/video drivers have been updated in the last
year? I bought this machine about a year ago and it had this problem from
the get-go, at least with screen-readers installed (it happened both with
JAWS 12 and NVDA). Of course, I was running Kaspersky antivirus then and
have since switched to Vipre Internet Security which doesn't seem to gum up
the works as much although I'm doing an experiment today that involves
disabling of the "anti-pishing" filter and that seems to make quite a
difference in making the system more responsive with Outlook 2010 although
I'm not prepared to say the problem is solved yet.

Mike