[gui-talk] need small, blind-friendly FM radio

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Fri Sep 24 05:08:58 UTC 2010

I don't mind if it has a voice record function for takiing notes or
something. That would replace the old little Olympus mini-cassette recorder
I used to use for taking notes, so to speak, while on the phone, so I could
type a phone nujmber or something into my computer later.

Every time this sort of thing comes up these days, it's also some Olympus
device, but using a flash drive, I guess. Do any of these units also have FM
radio? All I want is my local NPR, jazz and classical stations low on the
dial. But I need a rocker switch or a knob or something to get to them, not
a scrreen.Had that on an old Sandisk Sansa would a sighted friend sort of
taught me to use, but the poor old thing just died.

So? Any ideas? Under a grand or whatever? Likee cheap?
. statioj9h