[gui-talk] More?

Debbi Williamson debbi107 at atlanticbb.net
Thu Sep 2 23:30:46 UTC 2010

To continue with my computer issues and the advice I seek:

As I said, it is a desktop with JAWS 11, XP Professional, and it is about
three years old.  I have some USB issues which I have pretty much given up
on.  I can plug in an sd card and download books for my Stream but I can't
get the Stream to be recognized if I plug it in.  I get a message that says
that a usb device has mal-functioned and cannot be recognized.  But, the
card reader and my scanner work just fine.  The printer?  Well, I can,
sometimes get one document to print.  Then, next time, I'll get a message
that says that the document has failed to print.  (No kidding) and to "click
here for trouble-shooting.  I have deleted all of the things that seem to
have anything to do with usb and rebooted the computer so that it all
re-installs.  I have delted and re-installed the printer driver.  And, yes,
I get one printed document.  I have unplugged the computer and let it set
for hours and, sometimes, then, I can get one thing to print but, mostly,
that doesn't work anymore.  Since I print checks to pay the bills I can't
pay on-line, you can guess that this is pretty annoying.  It is an HP lazer
jet 1320, pcl6 and it is connected via usb.  Can anyone think of anything
else I can try?  Is something corrupting my software?

Again, thanks for any suggestions.