[gui-talk] Fwd: Jaws scripts wanted for QT4 application (Tapin-radio)

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sun Oct 17 05:29:44 UTC 2010

Hi all,

This message was originally sent to the PC-Audio list.  Tapin Radio is a
free Windows program available from www.tapinradio.com.  The developer
of this program is looking for someone who is able to write JAWS scripts
for Tapin radio.  If you can help please write to tapin at wo.cz.

Regards Steve.

 From:    Vítek tapin at wo.cz

Hi,

Much thanks for the explaining info btw in 1.19. we're preparing a new
function that will say what radio you're listening to and what song is
playing (in case the station inserts metadata) when hitting F11
depended on what voice you have set in control/text to speech.
Generally F keys will bring up more accessibility certainly. TR will be
automatically turned down to 20% for the user to be able to hear the
voice and then it'll turn up back again.

But I'd want to ask if anybody of you doesn't happen to know about a
brainy guy being able to write scripts for Jaws in connection with QT4
application? The user can encounter a few problems with accessibility
regarding this screen reader with Tapin-radio so we're trying to get
somebody with no success. So I thought somebody could know of anybody
here? It does read good using NVDA nevertheless Jaws users can have
slight troubles every now and then.

You can respond privately to my e-mail address not to mess up the
conference with rather personal issues concerning this.

S pozdravem/Kind regards
Tapin
Tapin-radio coordinator, technical support
Based in the Czech Republic

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com