[gui-talk] Fwd: On this Week's Attitude Test: Who Controls your Computer?

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sat Oct 16 22:43:15 UTC 2010

See the Program Schedule on the Global voice home page to find out when
you can hear the Attitude Test in your part of the world.  -Steve.

From:    Chrissie Cochrane chrissie at theglobalvoice.info
To:      whats on whatson at theglobalvoice.info

On this week's show, heard at 18:00 UTC, 2 pm Eastern, 11 am Pacific in the
US, 7 pm in the UK and 8 pm in Central Europe, we'll first take our usual
sideways look at the news.

The second half of the program will ask the question "who controls your
computer?"  With Microsoft ceasing to support Windows XP at the end of the
year, and various other programs insisting you upgrade whether you want to
or not, and the fact that if you go to Windows 7 on an existing hard disk
you'll need to reformat, thus losing your programs - and heaven help you if
they're not backed up, plus Microsoft starting to make more and more use of
the "cloud" - apps on the internet rather than on your own machine - are you
still in charge of your own machine?

Answers by skype to the.global.voice, by email and MSN  to
yourvoice at theglobalvoice.info, or if you care to phone us, use one of our
three phone numbers found on our website, http://theglobalvoice.info.

That's the Attitude Test on Sunday at 18:00 UTC on the one and only Global
Voice where good debate is actively encouraged.

Chrissie

Managing Director; the Global Voice
www.theglobalvoice.info

I'm also now on Twitter: chrissietgv