[gui-talk] can a computer go backwards by itself

Kenlawrence124 at aol.com Kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 19:10:36 UTC 2010

Hi Steve that is helpful.  Well for Malware using Spybot Search and
destroy, and Malware bites.  for an antivirus using microsoft security
essentials.  Recently a notification came up saying Microsoft security  essentials
maybe is out of date and to click the balloon.  I didn't of  course went to
microsoft security essentials manually and updated it All scans  are coming up
clean.  Malware bytes picked off a trojan once.  I use  the computer quite a
bit. and each time it is required I will dial into AOL and  then go to
where it is saying install now on an adobe flash player update and  install.  I
have windows set up to download updates automaticly and to  install when
turning off.  the old click turn off to install important  updates message.
That will likely happen next week right the the regular  updates each month.
Why I think there is something with that going  backward issue is I show
lost space on the hard drive that I can't account for  with anything I've
installed or updated.  and the issue with the eloquents  drivers that should be
gone.  Using windows XP service pack 3,  Jaws  12, a 74.5 GB drive with 512
MB of Ram.  I seem to think I should have  about 67.5 to 68 GB remaining.  I
show 64.86 left.  I keep thinking  tool bars are installing.  Not sure how
big Skype or skype talking is but  that and the new version of Webb IE are
the most recently installed  programs.  Just installed Webb IE a few minutes
ago and deleted the old  version.  Hope that additional info helps.