[gui-talk] Winamp Search takes over Google search in Control E

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sun Feb 14 01:25:59 UTC 2010

As I may have made clear, I wound up uninstalling that more Jaws
script-friendly version of Winamp because I could not get that new version
announcement to go away. I forgot to look for some sort of controls in the
Wimap Agent in my sys tray, but so it goes.

In the add/remove programs section of my Control Panel, there's nothing left
called Winamp. And yet, if I try to summon Google search while not on the
Google Home Page by pressing Control E, Jaws announces I've come to Winamp
Search! How do I return it to Google? did I accidentally install some sort
of toolbar with version 5 (which I removed because Jaws couldn't work with
it) and accidentally leave something behind? I'm sure there's a simple
adjustment where I can return this Control E to Google Search, but I don't
know where to go.

thanks,
Joel