[gui-talk] a button that just sits looking stupid

Kenlawrence124 at aol.com Kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Mon Dec 6 21:06:07 UTC 2010

Hi guys I again tried to log into the GSN website and for some reason the
log in button  won't respond I hit enter, space, and sometimes both
together and nothing happens.  when I left click the mouse button it goes  back to
the main page as if I never even entered a password or user name.   This
isn't the standard wait for a page to load either.  I have never seen  anything
like it.  It is as if it never saw a log in button before.   It just sat
there.  If I didn't give up on it I'd still be hitting that  button.  it was
20 minutes later and a reconnect by AOL and it still sat  closing down and
relaunching IE nothing.  I've tried it with AOL directly  firefox and IE and
same thing happens.  to enter by phone only is a great  disadvantage since
online users enter 10 times an hour so I can't believe it's  just me.  Why
does the log in button not respond on that site how is a site  so strange to a
computer that you can't even log in to it?  the browser  auto completes
password properly it just doesn't seem to know what a button  does.  What should
have come up is the question of the day at the top of  the page then after
all the links there is a form field or three fields to enter  your telephone
number then a checkbox that you must check to say you're over  eighteen and
the clickable graphic which you hit up to 10 times for each hourly  game.
There is also a checkbox regarding the chat room but I usually  ignore that
since chat is likely not blind accessible.  This is now the  only place on
_www.gsn.com_ (http://www.gsn.com)  that is usable by the  blind.  I have
made a promise to get these people certified by national  federation of the
blind on the same grounds as Target.  there is a store to  buy things and for
those who play games there are what are called oodles points  that you cash
in to enter sweepsteaks and win prises.  The prise center  isn't accessible
any more either.  In My opinion GSN cable channel is in  violation of ADA or
at least close to it.  I know it maybe seems mundaine  to bellyache about a
TV channel's website and seems to be unimportant to want to  play games on
it, but if the site says Watch/play/win,  shouldn't that  apply to all people
blind or sighted.  I'm in the technology division here  in NJ and I won't
quit until all blind people can participate equally in all  parts of the web.
 I will lead the fight just as I have tried to do with CD  baby until they
start to come to the fact that we are viewers/customers  too.  Just because
we are a small minority doesn't mean you discount us and  see us as an
expendable minority you can do without.