[gui-talk] a button that just sits looking stupid

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Dec 6 22:10:07 UTC 2010

Ken,

Are you still using Window-Eyes?  If so, be sure that "Suspend" is off by pressing ALT-SHIFT-M until you here "Suspend Off."  The suspend modes keep
pages from refreshing automatically, but it can also block a "redirect" that needs to take place.  Also, since you are dialing in, the page load could be going
significantly more slowly.  After you have pressed the button, turn browse mode off and on again by pressing CONTROL-SHIFT-A twice and see if the page
changes.  Finally, it is possible that the button has to be clicked on rather than activated from the keyboard.  This could be done to reduce the chance of
scripts logging in.  If non of the above works, find the button with the Mouse pointer using the numeric keypad, and then left click on the button with the
Numeric Pad SLASH which is just above the 2.

If you are using JFW, there are equivelents to most of these suggestions.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson