[gui-talk] wireless connection to a second desktop PC

Good, John John.Good at city.pittsburgh.pa.us
Mon Jul 13 18:38:01 UTC 2009

            Hello,

     My wife has decided she no longer wishes to share a PC, so we have
set up a second desktop PC in another room just for her.  My ISP is
Verizon and the modem that was provided to me with their service has the
capacity for 3 wireless connections.

     My question is: what must I do or buy to have my wife's PC connect
wirelessly to that modem?  I'm guessing some sort of wireless adaptor
that would connect into her ether card.  Secondly, where would I manage
her connection to the modem, on my PC or just on her machine?  Lastly,
would my computer need to be on, for her to access the internet?

       Thanks for any help, John