[gui-talk] installation of Firefox

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Tue Feb 17 20:59:55 UTC 2009

I think someone said a little earlier that to avoid having Firefox take over
as your default browser, you need to uncheck that item during the setup
procedure, and you also need to check the radio button for custom, as
opposed to standard, installation. But I'm there right now, and I can't see
any instruction saying that that if you don't check custom installation then
unchecking the default item won't take. Did I misunderstand Dave or whoever
spoke about this page of the setup dialogue? I want to keep IE 7 as my
default browser, so I unchecked that box. But now I don't know which of the
two radio buttons to leave checked. Standard? Custom?Thanks.
Joel