[gui-talk] Easy to operate Discman-type CD player?per

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Tue Feb 10 01:00:35 UTC 2009

The motor or reading head of my trusty old Panasonic player seem to be
giving up the ghost, and I've been checking Amazon and Best Buy online for a
replacement I won't have too much trouble learning to operate by touch with
a little coaching from a sighted friend.

My main use for it will be listening to audio literature on CD, so I care
mostly about blind usability, anti-skip protection, battery life and/or AC
power adaptor capability, and that's about it. FM tuner and special tone
adjustments not desired.

If this is off topic because such devices are usually screenless unless they
have radio,, I will gladly take any suggestions off list, if anyone feels
inhibited responding with a list post. But, with all due respect for list
protocol, I'd rather try asking on this most comfortable of my tech support
mailing lists rather than subscribe to, for instance, the blind tech list
just to ask this question.

Thanks. Oh. price range? Modest, like under fifty bucks.

Thanks,
Joel