[gui-talk] Fwd: skype 4.0 beta 3 and window-eyes.

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sat Dec 13 01:21:41 UTC 2008

From: Jim grimsby Jr. jimgrims at pacbell.net
To: a list for discussing skype and its use with screen access	software
skypeenglish at emissives.com

Ok this message is for the window-eyes users who use skype and want to
try
the 4.0 beta 3.
First let me say that 4.0 beta 3 is better than all the other betas so
far.

Quite frankly these in my view should have been alpha.  They quite
frankly
were very por quality releces.
The skype scripts for window-eyes read chat information status
information
and who is calling.  It does this because the scripts for skype use the
skype API and so no changes are needed to get this to work.
Ok it is a good idea to check the accessibility  options for skype when
using window-eyes. This way all of the options skype offers from the
keyboard will be accessible.
You should also under options general  select use classic windows.
Window-eyes tracks these new menus some times.  It doesn't do it all the
time though.  I have not found the reason why it will do it some of the
time
and not others.
So just check use classic.
If you have set a set file for your chat window to lets say not
interrupt
speech do to typing you will have to make this set file the main one if
you
are using the default view.  If you use compact view then you will have
associate  the set file with the new window.
It would be a good idea to undefined the window reading command for
windows
1 threw three because these keys are used buy skype to cycle threw
views.
The live comversation list does not track at all well. The comversations
list does not track at all well.  These classes  need to be added to the
script for msaa tracking.
Window types when you tab threw controls are still not being read.  This
needs to be fixed.
That is what I have to report so far.  Hope it helps.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
Windows Live Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com