[Colorado-Talk] Mountain Time at 5 Special Schedule Announcement

kevan at nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Thu May 14 16:43:21 UTC 2020

Ok folks,

Here is a chance for all of us to connect, to share, and care. Join us
tonight and tomorrow night for 2 power-packed Mountain Time at 5 NFBCO zoom
sessions. Tonight, Eating During Pandemic. We will discuss everything from
how to get groceries to how to keep our over snacking In check. Feel free to
bring your favorite healthy snack.

Tomorrow night, What is Normal? What is Independence? Bring your thoughts
and viewpoints. We encourage you to read the 1992 banquet address, The
Nature of Independence
<https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/images/nfb/audio/banqspeech/the
_nature_of_independence.mp3>  by Dr. Kenneth Jernigan. The address instantly
became a classic piece of NFB philosophy.

In a recent email, Curtis Chong said,

"In the context of the word, "normal," the seniors yesterday got to talking
about what "normal" meant to them. Of course, from my perspective, normality
and independence are often intertwined.

Kenneth Jernigan's Nature of Independence speech is a clear statement about
what independence means in the National Federation of the Blind. Yet,
despite this wonderful oration, there are still folks out there who continue
to accuse the Federation of being "too rigid."

This will be an excellent topic for Friday."

Dear friends, these Mountain Time at 5 sessions as well as networking and
training calls provided by other affiliates offer us an opportunity. Let's
share info about them on social media. Share these notices with your email
contacts. This is a time to share the spirit, energy, and love of our
Federation family far and wide. Share with seniors groups, agencies, and
parents of blind children. We thank you. If you have questions or to suggest
topics please be in touch with us.

To join zoom sessions:

https://zoom.us/j/5955066474?pwd=WDN5Y0lHZytjMG1McmtmY0treFdtQT09

Meeting ID: 595 506 6474