[Colorado-Talk] Blind and Low Vision Services Contact Information

kevan at nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Tue May 12 19:00:47 UTC 2020

Greetings Colleagues,

As many of you know, two weeks ago we hosted a blindness and low vision
services town hall zoom call. We appreciate your involvement in that call as
well as your involvement in all of our Mountain Time at 5 zoom calls. During
our discussion with the Director of DVR, Kristin Corash, Blindness and Low
Vision Services Unit Manager Krista Hedlund and her team, folks had some
great questions. If you have questions or if you are in need of services
from the agency please see below. Krista has sent us some names and contact
info for individuals at our Vocational Rehabilitation Agency who are in the
best position to be of assistance depending on your question and your need.
Thank you.

For folks wanting to apply for VR services, you can either email Laverne
Dell, BLVS Supervisor at Laverne.Dell at state.co.us
<mailto:Laverne.Dell at state.co.us> , email Audrey Wille, BLVS Rehabilitation
Technician at Audrey.Wille at state.co.us <mailto:Audrey.Wille at state.co.us>  or
call Audrey Wille at 303-866-3916 and leave a voicemail. She will return
your call to schedule an intake.

For folks 55 or older interested in receiving services through the Older
Individuals who are Blind program, please see email link:
<https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dvr/older-individuals-who-are-blind-progra
m>
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dvr/older-individuals-who-are-blind-program

Also, feel free to contact Karen Klein, OIB program Manager at 303-866-3562.
Please leave a voicemail and she will call you back.

If you have any feedback, suggestions, creative ideas, etc... please reach
out to any of the BLVS Leadership team. See contact information below:

Dan Whalen, BEP Manager - Dan.Whalen at state.co.us
<mailto:Dan.Whalen at state.co.us>

John Kilpatrick, PAT Field Supervisor - John.Kilpatrick at state.co.us
<mailto:John.Kilpatrick at state.co.us>