[Colorado-talk] The Colorado Center for the Blind could use our support

Yolanda Thompson ylt999 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 16:16:24 UTC 2018

Good morning Chapters,

The Colorado Center for the Blind shows blind people how to "live the
life they want", each day of the week.
They provide:
Independent Training
Challenge Recreation
Confidence Camp for children ages 4 through 10
Youth Services through Fast Saturdays
Earn and Learn youth Summer Program
Senior Services which include three weekly meetings, support groups,
home services, senior recreation and activities

The Center is visible in the daily happenings in the Denver Metro
area, and beyond.

In 2016, during one of the Canoeing events, a student was wearing the
Go Pro camera to show how blind people are out achieving skills far
beyond what most individuals achieve.  When, splash, they fell out of
the canoe, and the Go Pro fell off of their head.  Since it did not
have a float case on it, it is happily sitting at the bottom of Barr
Lake where the fish can be entertained by its existence.

The detriment is that those incredible videos that we used to promote
blind people terminated at that point.
The North Metro Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind is
asking each of our eleven chapters to donate $50.00 to the center to
replace the Go Pro so that the Center may once more send out the
stunning videos of blind people out doing lots of things to "Live the
Life they want".
Please send checks to:
Dan Burke
Go Pro Fund
Colorado Center for the Blind
2233 W. Sheppard Avenue
Littleton, CO 80120

The center supports all of us in so many ways, let's support them.
Yolanda