[Colorado-talk] NFB of Denver - Everybody loves a Parade!

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 14:37:49 UTC 2018

Greetings from the Dog Days of Summer!

No, we won't be lying on the porch in the dog days, too enervated by
the heat even to chase a rabbit. No, the NFB of Denver will be joining
the Colorado Center for the Blind this Saturday to march in
Littleton's Western Week Parade.  That means no chapter meeting this
month, but it also means you can join us at 9 a.m. to march in the
parade. That's when we'll load up and head for the parade staging
area.

Or come by our booth on Main during the arts & crafts fair. We'll be
selling Amazing Colorado Raffle Tickets from 8 - 5, and sharing our
space with the Tactile Art Club. There will be some awesome tactile
art pieces.

Our September meeting will be on the 15th, after which we'll be taking
 a trip to Blackhawk for an afternoon in defiance of statistical
probabilities, which is  just another way of saying we're going
gambling. Reserve your spot with $15. Contact me or any member of the
Denver Chapter Board before Sept. 15 to ensure we'll have a seat in
the van for you.

It's time for marching!

Dan

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"