[NFBWATlk] WATlk] message for posting

Peter Hapke peter at hapkelaw.com
Thu Sep 17 05:05:43 UTC 2020

Mike - Yes,I remember you . You were really good and helpful.
No emergency. I moved from Magic w/Speech to Fusion a few months ago. I have had a chronic issue with certain emails freezing Fusion. For example, emails from the New York Times Book Review. I also have had a chronicissue with my Dell laptop, which I have had for about  two years,   not automatically connecting to my network, even though the WiFi signal is  strong and other family users do not have an issue.  It connects about half or 2/3 of the time at boot up in the morning. Today, I had a session with the  MS disability folks and these two issues seem to be solved.

But I thought it would be good to connect with a local  IT person who can address these issues, since Freedom Scientific tech support are spotty and coulc notsolve these two issues after repeated attempts.

I also wondered if there was another software  in  the market that is better than Fusion,  andyour former DSB colleague Naoimirecommended trying Supernova by Dolphinand she recommended Al Yardly as an IT consultant. I had worked with Al in the past and he is nice and pretty good. He came over to install a trial version of Supernova, but could not do so without removing the video cards for Jaws and Zoomtext (ie Fusion).  He recommended not doing it  and did not know much about Supernova (he has one client at EPA who likes it), but he thinks it probably is not better than Fusion since no one seems to use it.  I googled Supernova reviews and there was next to nothing . The only article I did find  said it was not as powerful  as Jaws, though the article was from 2017. There was noo review more recent than  2017, so I decided to stay with Fusion.

That's my story. I welcome your comments or if there is another IT person in the area to considerbesides Al.
I am sure you are happy at Google. It seems like a great place to work.

Best,
Peter